Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Want: Rouge à Lèvres Noir

Dark lipstick, something I thought died away in the 90's, but is obviously making a comeback (as everything 90's is).  When I think of dark lipstick, two things come to mind.  One is Rayanne from "My So Called Life" who was always wearing a dark berry shade.  The other is from 7th grade when a friend and I grade got really into the band Orgy and we showed up at a birthday party wearing dark lipstick via Wet n Wild at a drugstore in 1997, it definitely was not too pretty. The first thought is much better to give as a visual.

There are two shades I am debating over.  They are both from YSL and really similar but one is darker.

YSL rouge pur couture noir laque

YSL rouge pur couture belle de rose


She is wearing the darker shade but with a fun technique to lighten the look and make it look worn-in.  Check out the Nasty Gal blog for the tutorial. I can't wait to try it myself!

2 comments:

  1. Dark lipstick always reminds me of the witch era in the late 90's like Charmed and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Do we need to start hanging out in fours, wear leather trench coats, and befriend a black cat?

    Love your blogs

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e