Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Sigur Ros

Sigur Ros is one of my all-time favorite bands (pretty much them and Radiohead tie for first).   I have only had the privilege of seeing them once at the Greek, but to this day it was the best and most intriguing show I have ever seen.  I have never in my life seen so many people in one place be so quiet and mesmerized.   I remember when I first starting listening to them it was 2002 (my senior year in high school), a good friend gave me a burnt copy of their Untitled album and the rest is history, they've been my favorite ever since.  Even at my wedding, I walked down the aisle to Hoppipola and post ceremony, everyone walked back down to Gobbledigook.  Within the last month, they released their new album, Valtari, and are also doing this really cool thing, The Valtari Mystery Film Experiment.  They asked twelve filmmakers to make a music video for a song on the album and gave them a small budget to do so.  Then, every other Monday they are posting the video on their website and YouTube.  It is pretty interesting to see what these people have come up because their music always gives me visuals and movies in my head and it is completely different then what I ever imagine.

This one is my favorite so far. Enjoy and watch them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e