Thursday, June 21, 2012

Jazz Age Lawn Party

On Sunday, we joined our New York friends for something I had been looking forward to since last August when I first found out about this event, the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor's Island.  It was all I had hoped it would be and more.  The 1920's are my all-time favorite era and probably the main reason I decided to be a history major and want to be a history teacher.  This was my scene, I was able to dress like a flapper while sipping on champagne cocktails in a park and not be judged, but rather embraced.  We had such a great time listening to fun music, people watching, having drinks and relaxing.  Bill Cunningham even sneakily snapped some photos of my friend and I so perhaps we shall make The NY Times??? A girl could hope, right.  Next time (yes, there will be a next time) I want to go a little early to make it for the dance lessons!


Father's Day insured a lot of Dapper Dans and
their children.
I spy Bill Cunningham

9 comments:

  1. This looks like os much fun! Glad you were able to go.

    Chris
    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're favourite era. so rad.

    xo
    Kat

    http://xoPhotographyByKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no IDEA how much I wish I was there!!! Looks like so much fun....

    http://rendersublime.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so fun! Cute pictures.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous about this! What an absolutely brilliant and fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to do this! The 1920's are my absolute favorite era! (That's my favorite era for literature, too.) This would be a dream to go to.

    And I love Bill Cunningham. He's so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh my gosh, how darling do you look!? it's so cute!

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it alll! looks like a blast! i say NY next year!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e