Thursday, May 8, 2014

Vegan Enchilada Bowl

Ever since my husband started eating vegan again, I have been trying to think of ways to alter some our favorite dishes.  I absolutely love enchiladas, but they aren't the same without cheese...and no, I am not a fan of cheese substitutes (give me the real thing or nothing at all).  This bowl was inspired by one of my favorite neighborhood spots, Sage in Echo Park.  Their Mole Bowl is so delicious and my husband's favorite so I decided to recreate it as an enchilada bowl.  It only took about 25 minutes and was so simple that it is now my go-to meal.

Recipe:
While the quinoa is cooking, chop up desired veggies and sauté in coconut oil with cumin and lime juice (I used onions, bell pepper, zucchini and cauliflower).  When veggies are nearly done, add black beans to the pan and then enchilada sauce.  Simmer over low heat for about 3-5 minutes.  Mix cooked quinoa and veggies together in a large bowl, serve, garnish with avocado and fresh salsa and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's true, nothing is better than real cheese! But this meal looks absolutely scrumptious!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting recipe. I like experimenting with quinoa so will have to give this a try

    http://www.house-in-tillford.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e