Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DIY Lavender Soap

I must preface this by saying I am fairly new to DIY projects, but it seems the past few Mother's Days I have decided to make gifts for my mom and mother-in-law.  Two years ago, I made them terrariums (HERE), last year I made sugar scrub (HERE) and this year, I decided to make them lavender soap.  It was easier than I expected and I am super excited to get more oils and make other soaps for my friends and family. 
Ingredients:
soap base (glycerin or goat milk)
essential oils
mold for the soaps
dried flowers or herbs of your choice

Directions: cut the soap base into 1/2 inch chunks and melt in pyrex measuring cup in the microwave for 30 seconds (then add 10 seconds until all is melted).  mix in 1 tbsp essential oil for every 1/2 lb of soap base.  let it cool slightly and pour into mold.  add dried herbs and flowers and use a toothpick to move them around. put in the freezer for 10 minutes after letting it set out for 30 minutes. the soap should just pop out and you are ready to gift it!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift-sweet that you spend time to make them a gift every year :)

    http://www.house-in-tillford.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful soap! Love the translucent quality and how you can actually see the lavender florals


    Stop by :)
    http://itaverony.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e