Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Room 125 Productions


Okay, so last week my husband showed me these YouTube videos and I thought they were pretty much the coolest thing ever!  An art/media teacher in Lawrence, Kansas created an opportunity of learning and experience by creating the Classroom Sessions, in which famous music and film artists come in and discuss their beginnings and play and allow the students to film and produce these sessions (click here for their website and to learn more).  Famous artists such as The Head and the Heart, Damien Jurado and The Civil Wars have been involved in these classroom sessions.  As a teacher myself, I think this is incredible and provides such an influential real life experience to these high school students.  They are doing more than just learning about film and media within their own school, but have been working with their community to film commercials and learning about live filmmaking for famous musicians.  Such an inspiring lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e