Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips and Vegan Posole

I love chips! They are probably hands down my favorite thing to eat. The crunch, mixed with the salt and the fact you can eat them with anything makes them the ultimate food item.  I decided to make my favorite food at home with the whole wheat/corn tortillas from Trader Joes.  I made some crunchy and some chewy (if you have ever eaten at Malo/Mas Malo you will know the amazingness of chewy chips)!
Heat some Canola Oil in a saucepan on med-low while
you cut tortillas in eighths.
Place them in the oil and let cook for 2-3 min each
side (only 1-2 min for chewy). Then set on paper towels
to absorb extra oil and sprinkle them with sea salt.

Eat plain, with salsa or a dish you like.
I ate mine with Vegan Posole (my favorite soup)! I used this recipe as a base and altered mine with what I had/liked. I garnished it with onions, cilantro, shredded kale and lime!  Muy Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e