Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Art of the French Press

I used to consider the French Press a thing of the past.  With the third wave coffee shops in LA and other cities brewing using the pourover, Chemex and the Siphon, I thought these were the ultimate methods. While the husband and I were in Portland, OR for our honeymoon, we discovered that the French Press had made a big comeback there (afterall, the dream of the 90s is alive in Portland). =)  What is nice about it is when done well, it gives a less bitter (almost sweet) and lush brew.


You will need:

  • good beans (whole)
  • burr grinder set to coarse
  • kettle
  • french press
  • large spoon
  • timer
  • coffee mug(s)

(I like to use the free Intelligentsia iPhone app for timing of brews and ratio of beans to water).  CHEERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e