Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quinoa Beet Salad

I recently started training at another restaurant for yes...a THIRD serving job!  I'm crazy, I know.  Anyway, I got to try a special there of a quinoa and beet salad that was soooo delicious!!! So, I decided to make it at home alongside a pan-seared lemon-garlic-peppered cod.  The combination was delicious!!!

Here is how I made the salad:

1/2 cup dried quinoa (then cook it and let it cool)

While that is cooking, cut up 

1 peeled cucumber
handful of cherry tomatoes
2 celery stalks
1/2 container of marinated beets
let marinate in cider vinegar, olive oil, pepper and dill

Add quinoa and stir everything together and add a little beet juice to it. 
Let it chill in the fridge for about an hour

Serve chilled and top with arugula or watercress with a little balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e