Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Motivation: "Stop and Smell the Roses"

This is a saying I remember hearing all the time as a little girl from adults around me and I recall wondering who wouldn't want to smell roses as they walked by them.  See, I was a very curious child and I would smell, touch, investigate and yes, even taste interesting objects around me.  My mom told me I once ate a snail because I was fascinated by it.  Stopping to smell the roses seems so obvious, but as you get older you realize time is a precious and valuable commodity (as we've all heard another very popular saying, "time is money").  Who has time to stop when our world is always on the go and there are so many obligations, demands and distractions.  This month has been a time of reflection for me and I have been so busy being busy that I often forget to focus on the simple pleasures and joys life brings. So this week, make time to stop and smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment! Thanks for sharing. =)
xx, alisia e